Have you written “WRITE MORE”
on your New Year’s Resolution List for years?
Start 2013 out right by becoming a member of the always sold-out VerbTribe.
Join hundreds of people who have experienced VerbTribe and you’ll be able to check that off your list – because VerbTribe will help you create a sustainable writing practice once and for all–and you will be able to join a tight knit community of writers who are supportive at the same time.
April 18-May 24, 2013
(limited to 12 participants)
- You want to leave behind the stories of your life for your kids or grandkids.
- You want to finally finish that novel you’ve been working on for 9 years.
- You’re a poet who has lost her muse in the piles of laundry.
- You used to journal, but don’t any longer–and want to again.
- You want to write a book, get an agent, make millions, and have Sandra Bullock or Johnny Depp play you in the movie.
Up until now you have started and stopped dozens of times. You’ve taken a tentative step forward, but shrunk away in a sea of self doubt or in the chaos of daily life.
You want to finally develop a consistent, sustainable, daily writing practice that feels great, helps you see life more clearly, forces you to pay attention in new ways — but you can’t.
That’s what VerbTribe is for. It’s for the writer who is committed to the task, but needs help and support to get there.
If you are committed to writing, let’s sit down and write together. Because a writer is the person who stays in the room, sits back down, and writes, no matter how fascinating the laundry just got.
My name is Patti Digh. I’m a writer.
It’s taken me a very long time to own that, to say that.
Before I started this process, I didn’t even have a blog. Now I’ve been writing consistently at 37days for seven years and have written over 1,500 posts, 100+ published articles, and seven books.
I’d like to share how I did that with you.
When you join the VerbTribe, you won’t be asked to lock yourself in your room and write for five hours a day, but it does involve a daily commitment to create. I’ll be here to guide the way. All you need to do is write and trust that it adds up. It truly does. Threads show themselves when you make sure that inspiration strikes every morning at 9am or every evening at 9pm — your schedule, your way, but writing consistently is what members of the VerbTribe do.
We’re going to focus on process, not product. We’re going to focus on writing as a verb. The act of writing. The sitting down, the pen to paper or fingers to keyboard. Only then we can focus on form, content, voice. Each are vital. You can know everything there is to know about writing–but if you’re not cultivating a writing practice, it won’t help.
Together, we’ll dive into the art of writing. We’ll explore ways to stop making excuses and get writing. I’ll be your writing coach, mentor, and nudger.
We’re going to do this for 37 days at a time–because I believe you can change your life in 37 days. In fact, I know you can.
After 37 days in the VerbTribe you will have:
- A clear understanding of the patterns that have stopped you from writing in the past
- The capacity to write each and every day (intention) — regardless of what is going on in your daily life (circumstance)
- Tools to improve both your writing process and product
- A clear view of what you long to say in the world
- A community of peers to stay in touch with as support for each other
- Access into the ongoing VerbTribe membership site (for alumni only)
- A way into your unique voice
What you get:
- My attention, encouragement, and expertise as the author of seven books, including the bestsellers, Life is a Verb and Creative is a Verb.
- Provocative, imagination-busting daily writing prompts – every single day for the duration of the time you’re enrolled.
- A structure for writing–and accountability.
- Daily online assignments
- Three 75-minute group workshop calls for writing workshop, reviews, and coaching on April 23, May 7, May 21 from 12-1:15 pm ET / 9-10:15am PT.
- Recordings of every call for you to listen to on your schedule.
- Members-only private online group for community support and further feedback from me for the duration of the class (37 days), plus two weeks.
- An opportunity to publish on my blog, 37days.
“The combination of guidance, respect, and freedom has been the thing I’ve most wanted to thank all of you and Patti for since the beginning… not just another how-to, that’s for sure. I paid a pittance and got my life back…“ – Ginny Snyder
What I ask you to bring:
- Commitment to developing a sustainable writing practice.
- Commitment to doing the work.
- Commitment to reading the work of others and learning how to workshop them constructively.
- Commitment to your own voice.
- Commitment to showing up–fully.
- Commitment to never apologizing for your work–and never making excuses.
Here’s our simple-to-use online classroom:
The class runs from April 18-May 24, 2013 (37 days).
Limited to 12 participants.
I limit the number of Tribe members to 12 each session. This guarantees the intimacy and attention each member deserves.
“VerbTribe = 37 days toward building a sustainable writing practice. We’re on day 10. This has already been a game changer for me with most changes having nothing to do with writing. That Patti Digh lets people believe she’s all southern charmy and genteel but she’s an ass kicker of the highest caliber…“ -Martha Atkins
If you do all the homework for 10 days and realize this isn’t for you, I’ll refund 100% of your money. But in order to get the refund, you’ll need to submit your homework for those 10 days because it’s my job to offer a strong curriculum, and it’s your job to do the work. We can only succeed if we’re partners in this work.
Life is short. Write accordingly.