- Because Tess will be “unschooled” now rather than return to her fourth grade classroom, I’m reading this and this and this. At the moment, I am reconciling the fact that as a child with Asperger’s, she needs structure–in what is essentially an unstructured approach to learning. Good ideas are swirling, and welcomed.
- I love this house. And turquoise. And oh, those stairs.
- Santa, with a lot of help from an awesome friend, brought Tess a trip to Disney World sometime in 2013, something she has wanted for a long time. She has been wearing the Mickey Mouse ears he left under the tree for her every day since Christmas. Me? I’m busy reading this.
- Can’t wait to try this vegan black bean and sweet potato stew from my friend Lydia.
- And holy moly, make this lentil dal immediately. Beyond yumtastic.
- All the more reason I am beginning again with yoga in 2013: “Researchers have found that three sessions of yoga a week can help fight off depression as it boosts levels of a chemical in the brain which is essential for a sound and relaxed mind. Scientists found that the levels of the amino acid GABA are much higher in those that carry out yoga than those do the equivalent of a similarly strenuous exercise such as walking.”
- I am going to use this as inspiration for my 2013 journal/calendar.
“Your life, with its immensity and fear,
…now bounded, now immeasurable,
it is alternately stone in you and star.”
(from ‘Evening,’ Rainer Maria Rilke)
What about you? What have you read that’s been of interest to you? Leave a note in the comments below so we can all learn from each other!
[Image of Mayan calendar from here]